This is a delicious seafood paella made with added chicken broth for extra flavouring. Feel free to substitute the paella for chicken if you are not keen on seafood.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
200g of courgette
200g of rice and quinoa
10 king prawns
75g chorizo sausage
4 garlic cloves
250ml chicken broth
1 heaped tsp Tom purée
1/2 tsp chilli
1 tsp Cajun
1. In a pot cook the rice and quinoa in water (follow the instructions on your packets)
2. In a wok, add the oil and cook the onion and courgette until browned. Turn off the heat.
3. In a separate saucepan, add the calamari and prawns. Heat on medium until cooked. Discard of the water and add the seafood to the wok.
4. Add the rice to the wok and stir everything together on medium heat
5. Then add the broth. Heat on low until all the broth is absorbed into the rice.
6. Add in all the spices and other ingredients to the wok. Mix well.
Garnish with basil 🌿 and serve. 🥘