Pumpkin scones – gluten-free
Cook the pumpkin (butternut squash) and let it cool. When it’s cool you will need to put it all inside a tea towel. Squeeze the tea towel to drain the water.
SERVES: 16 scones
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 hour 15-minutes
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10-minutes
275g butternut squash cooked
300g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
75g coconut sugar
- Cook the butternut squash in water for 20-minutes. Then allow to cool.
- Add the cooled squash to a tea towel and squeeze tightly to get all the water out.
- In a bowl, add the squash, flour, baking powder, sugar and butter. Using your hands, knead the mix into a dough. When rolled into a ball, add the raisins and continue to knead again.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen worktop and then add the dough flattening out on to the surface. Using a scone cutter, cut the scones and add them to a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 40-minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with clotted cream and jam.