You can manage acid reflux naturally without the need to take pharmaceutical drugs. It’s important to have focus on your diet. What are you eating that could be causing your acid reflux? Having a food diary is always a good way to monitor your diet because some foods will cause more acid reflux than none.
What is acid reflux?
Acid reflux is when the hydrochloric acid in your stomach repeats up your esophagus. If left untreated it can lead to hernia or even a stomach abscess. It’s therefore important to get your acid reflux under control.
Symptoms of acid reflux 
- A burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), usually after eating, which might be worse at night
- Chest pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Regurgitation of food or sour liquid
- Sensation of a lump in your throat
If you have night-time acid reflux, you might also experience:
- Chronic cough
- New or worsening asthma
- Disrupted sleep
Natural treatment for acid reflux
There are some natural ways that you can stop acid reflux. You must immediately turn to your diet and cut out certain foods, as well as increasing more foods from certain groups. It’s a good idea to keep a food diary because this will help you to understand the foods that could trigger reflux more than others.
Following an anti-inflammatory diet is important, because reflux will cause cell damage. The body’s immediate response to cell damage is inflammation, which raises the temperature of the gut and causes food intolerances.
It’s advisable to cut out the following foods for 4 weeks and see how you get on.
Eat more of the following:
- Vegetables, especially leafy greens
- Boil and Broth bone broth (beef, chicken or lamb) drink daily on an empty stomach
- Drink Boil and Broth natural probiotic drinks. Natural probiotic drinks will help to replace depleted beneficial bacteria
- Follow an anti-inflammatory diet. See here.
It’s also worth taking the following supplements:
- High strength probiotic tablet for 3 months – Recommendation
- Milk thistle – support the liver – Recommendation
- Digestive enzymes take one with every meal (except snacks) – Recommendation
The human body usually takes 3 months to detox and turn the corner for wellness. If you follow the above precisely, then your acid reflux will be gone in 12 weeks, if not before. If it is no better and you have done everything above, then you will need to have a scan at the hospital. See your doctor.