This recipe was made using only vegetables, grains, and chicken broth. Having a good balance of vegetables and grains are important for your gut health. With added chicken broth, this recipe is packed full of nutrients and vitamins and will help you feel fuller for longer.
Make a large batch and freeze some, eating it regularly throughout the week, or serve with some sourdough bread for the family.
Using mostly fresh vegetables delivered from the veggie box, you too can create this delicious gut-warming stew.
Cooking time: 1 hour
500ml Boil and Broth chicken broth
500g sliced marrow
300g sliced courgette
1 chopped onion
200g peeled and chopped carrot
2 tablespoon of olive oil
3 tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 teaspoon Cajun chicken spice
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
400g chickpeas (one can)
- Slice, peel and chop all the vegetables
- Add vegetables to a baking tray and cover with olive oil. Heat on 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn over the vegetables half way through the cook.
- Take out roast vegetables and add them to a pot. Add the chicken broth.
- Blend all the ingredients together in the pot. Transfer to the stove and begin to heat on low.
- Add the chickpeas and lentils.
- Cover the pot and leave the stew to simmer for 20-minutes.
- Serve in bowls with sourdough bread (optional).