This is a simple recipe that you can prepare for your dogs at home using our chicken bone broth. Use this recipe as a topper to your dogs normal meal.
- 200ml Boil and Broth chicken bone broth
- 100g cooked chicken, shredded (ensure it’s boneless and free from seasoning)
- 50g cup carrots, diced
- 50g cup peas
- 50g cup sweet potatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped (for added freshness)
- Prepare Ingredients: Cook and shred the chicken, and dice the carrots, peas, and sweet potatoes.
- Heat the Bone Broth: In a saucepan, heat the chicken bone broth over low to medium heat. Make sure not to bring it to a boil.
- Add Vegetables: Add the diced carrots, peas, and sweet potatoes to the simmering broth. Allow them to cook until they are tender but not mushy, usually around 10-15 minutes.
- Add Shredded Chicken: Once the vegetables are cooked, add the shredded chicken to the broth. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer Gently: Let the mixture simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. If you’re using parsley, add it in the last couple of minutes.
- Cool Before Serving: Allow the bone broth meal to cool to a safe temperature before serving it to your dog.
7. Serve in Moderation: This bone broth meal can be served as a tasty topper for your dog’s regular food or as an occasional treat. Keep in mind that while bone broth is a nutritious addition to a dog’s diet, it should be fed in moderation.
Always check with your veterinarian before introducing new foods to your dog’s diet, especially if they have any existing health conditions or dietary restrictions.