It’s a lovely time of year for fruit; berries, apples and pears. The natural sugars in fruits create lovely flavourings to meals especially cakes. Apples can be picked directly from apple trees or you can buy them in shops. At this time of year there is an abundance of apples so why not head out with your children and pick some fruit.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30-minutes
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10-minutes
120g of chopped and peeled apples
100g coconut sugar
80g spelt flour
70g coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp almond milk (can use normal milk)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cases.
- Peel and chop the apples into small chunks
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the coconut sugar stirring until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Beat your eggs and add to butter mix.
- Add the flours and stir until blended. Then add the baking powder.
- Add milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Lastly, add the chopped apples to the mix and then spoon into the muffin cases filling to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-minutes.